Most of the AirTag capsules on the market are made of plastic, rubber, or some form of synthetic leather. But Dango just released this capsule made of 6061 aluminum and it looks pretty promising. Price isn’t terrible either…
Square carabiners are actually far more practical for hanging and attaching things than traditional round carabiners. The thing is though, finding well made square examples is difficult. I’ve been looking for some to use as an attachment point for a homemade camera cube for months and have found nothing but trash in my search.
Recently, however, I was turned onto Yakoda Supply’s carabiners. My search is finally over. They are the right size, the right weight, they lock, and they are made like someone gave a shit. Perfect.
I don’t think these are new… But I have never messed with one and just recently had an opportunity. Essentially, it’s a double carabiner with a really strong magnet in between as well as a mechanical backup. You’d figure it would be made cheaply, but it’s actually pretty damned nice.
A few years ago, Trayvax released the Link Lanyard. A couple of YouTubers reviewed it favorably and inventory sold out quickly. Because the quick release is a pain in the ass to produce in numbers, Trayvax declined to make more.
Meanwhile, reviewers and EDC guys began to really appreciate the Link for what it was, how it worked, and its reliability. Eventually, so much pressure was put on Travax that they felt like they had to make more. They did so a couple of months ago… and there is still stock available.
I’ve never touched one of these things, but everyone I know that has one is in love with it… Come to think of it, just about everyone I know with anything from Travax loves the company in general. So…
So I got a surprise yesterday – someone actually emailed and asked for a pocket dump. Hell, I didn’t know anyone actually read this crap! But, who am I to disappoint?
- iPhone 12 Mini. I’ve been carrying this for a month and I think I can already say it’s my favorite iPhone of all time. It’s small in the pocket and the camera is dope.
- Apple leather case with an Apple wallet attached using MagSafe. I got this setup when I got the phone and I’m undecided on the functionality of it all. The MagSafe actually works really well. The wallet is easy to attach and removes with appropriate effort, but the work flow of paying for something is awkward. You have to remove the wallet to access the cards, but when you do that you now have both hands occupied – one with the phone and one with the wallet. I do, however, love the space this setup occupies in my pocket.
- MakerKnife. This is the latest of their releases. It’s not made as well and the tolerances aren’t as tight as the originals, but the form and functionality of it is just too hard for me to resist. I’ve been carrying these for a couple of years now.
- Orbit Key Organizer. My key organizer of choice.
- Titanium Split Rings. Cuz every bit of weight saved, matters.
- Handgrey H4 Carabiner. I’d never pay $85 for a carabiner, but it was gifted to me and I absolutely love it. If I lost it, I just might buy one simply because it’s so convenient in use.