Go Back   The Gear Journal > Sell & Swap > For Sale or Trade

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-10-2009, 01:43 AM   #1
chute43

Default Wildland Firefighte Belts/Rigger Belts/Wilderness belt

Wildland Firefighter Belts

For the past year or so I have been having these made and selling them, I first started out in the firefighter community, which I am a part of, I am a firefighter/paramedic and HECM(helicopter crewmember) currently holding the rank of Engineer in California.

Being a EDCer, I started to sell these to member of that community as well, due to their ruggedness and long life. The webbing these are made from will last years. I purchase it directly from the webbing manufacturer that supplies military contractors with their webbing for parachutes and helicopter lifting and rigging straps.

These are the sometimes referred to as The Smokejumper belt, and have often been hard to acquire. For years they have been popular with Forest Service Crews. Lately these have been gaining popularity with firefighters working in the urban interface, as well as some EMS workers.

Design: The standard belt comes in several different color and buckle combinations, each belt is 50” long and 1 ” wide, which will generally fit a 38” waist, for those in need of a larger size I offer the black belt with black buckle in 70”, sometimes I will have other larger ones as well.

Construction: These are made from Military grade parachute harness webbing rated at 6500 lbs. The buckle is Military grade as well made from solid metal, and rated at 2000 lbs. All of the belt components are made in the USA and they are sewn in the USA as well.
I have several years of experiece sewing custom belts and I do my best to only ship high quality sewn items.

Colors: Several different buckle and belt color combinations available including:

#1-Black with Black Buckle
#2-Black with Silver Buckle
#3-Navy Blue with Silver Buckle
#4-Navy Blue with Black Buckle
#5-Sage Green with Black Buckle
#6-OD Green with Black Buckle
#7-Dark Brown with Black Buckle
#8-Dark Brown with Silver Buckle
#9-Coyote Brown with Black Buckle
#10-Khaki (sand) with Black Buckle
#11-Foliage Green with Black Buckle

I am always working to get new color combinations or fulfill custom orders the best I can.

How to purchase: 2 options to purchase

1. Ebay: http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/offpistekw $17.00 plus 4.00 to ship with deliver confirmation

2. Email me chute43@yahoo.com direct and purchase with Paypal for slightly lower pricing -$16.00 plus $4.00 to ship with delivery confirmation

International Shipping I ship USPS Priority Mail International and I only charge what USPS charges me.

To Canada it is usually 10.95
To most of Europe is 12.95

Discount shipping and on multi-belt orders
Discount pricing on bulk orders

feel free to email me or check out my ebay page, I can sell them cheaper outside of ebay, if you are interested in saving a buck.

On the webbing you will notice it has a contrasting stitching which is how you identify which mil-spec webbing it is.

thank you for our interest

kary

Last edited by chute43; 10-27-2009 at 02:29 PM. Reason: updated
chute43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:58 AM   #2
stink tooth

those 1 1/2 or 2 inch wide I need a good work belt
stink tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:11 AM   #3
chute43

Sorry it is a 1 3/4 which I find to be a good size to narrow, you know it kind of cuts into you a bit. Too wide and it won't fit. I wear one everyday in my Carharts or cargo pants, plus when working on USFS assignments I wear one in my nomex. At work I have to wear my uniform belt.

hope that helps

kary

Last edited by chute43; 06-10-2009 at 02:21 AM.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 06-10-2009, 02:19 AM   #4
chute43

This is another belt I do :

The Deck Belt or the Shooters belt

Consider this to be the Smokejumper belt on steroids, designed for those need a stiffer version of the smokejumper belt. Constructed from 2 layers of Type 7 webbing and a third layer of smaller mil spec webbing sandwiched in between to stiffen the width of the belt, bonded together with industrial glue then the edges are double stitched with #138 nylon bonded thread and generous amount of Velcro secures the free end. I originally built these for commercial divers who needed a heavy duty belt while working on deck, but have increased in popularity with IDPA shooters and those carrying a concealed weapon.

These are 25.00 plus shipping which in the CONUS is 5.50 for USPS priority mail

Last edited by chute43; 10-06-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:26 AM   #5
chute43

Some pictures of the stitching(bartacking)

Old 06-10-2009, 09:29 AM   #6
Ruiner

Send a message via Yahoo to Ruiner

What holds them tight, just friction at the buckle? I like my belt to be super tight and not loosen up at all...I'm really considering one of these, since you can't find a USA made belt these days...
Ruiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #7
chute43

The center bar on the buckle if you look in the picture with the black and OD belts side by side. That center bar slides, and the webbing feeds through once in one direction and then back in the opposite direction back under the triangular part.

This buckle is a leg strap on a parachute harness so it get plenty tight. That is why we started wearing them in on our wildland fire pants which get real heavy with field hose clamps, tools and how the legs get wet.

I wear mine every day and it doesn't loosen. The buckle is rated to hold 2500 lbs.
Some of the other similiar belts also us a softer nylon webbing which ends up being slippery, they stuff is pretty stiff. Sometimes the black webbing is a little less stiff but it doesn't slip still.

hope that answers your questions
kary
Old 06-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #8
chute43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruiner View Post
What holds them tight, just friction at the buckle? I like my belt to be super tight and not loosen up at all...I'm really considering one of these, since you can't find a USA made belt these days...
Not only are these sewn in the US but the webbing and buckle are US made as well, I purchase them from the same contractors the military does.

Just FYI

kary

If you look on the ebay page I am out of some colors but I will be restocked on friday I think.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #9
Ruiner

I'm still undecided...I might just wind up ordering one for the sake of having one and put it to the same abuse I'm putting my other stuff through for their reviews...I'm sure it can handle more than I can throw at it though...do you offer and other items besides belts?
Old 06-10-2009, 09:23 PM   #10
chute43

I sell some different ID holders in on ebay but nothing bomber like the belts.

I ended up making these because I wanted one, not a cheap knock off, but the real one I had seen guys on Yosemite Helitack wore when I worked for Yosemite Search and Rescue. So I hunted down the parts and webbing, found a guy willing to sew me 20 and I sold the excess. More and more people would ask me so I kept going.

I am working on another belt called the airlock which is made from an old seat belt buckle from a douglas model aircraft popular with smokejumpers. After a year of searching I have found the buckle, I am just working on finding a west coast sewing contractor to build them. Only a few guys make them and they kind of take advantage of those who purchase. Ryan who runs gear journal purchased a couple of belts from me which is how I found the site he is working on a review. Milspec Monkey also has reviewed them as well.

I personally like them because they are kind of unique

kary

if you look at this photo closely you can get an idea of how thick the webbing is

Last edited by chute43; 06-10-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #11
Ruiner

Do you have a picture of the Airlock buckle you're planning on using? That sounds right up my alley...I think I may just wind up trying that one once you get them made...
Old 06-10-2009, 10:01 PM   #12
Rashy
Super Moderator

I'd like one (jumper) OD. Prefer not to deal with ebay. You have one available?

Last edited by Rashy; 06-10-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Rashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:03 PM   #13
chute43

No picture of the airlock, I found it in a old aircraft part catalog. I really dont like them that much but there is a big demand and the guys making them are kind of sticking it to the customer. Normally the only way to get one would have been to cut one out of a jumpers plan then sew it yourself. Some guys go nuts over them. They aren't as adjustable as my belt., because you set the length with velcro then click the buckle.

I will post photos when I get one done. Just working on finding someone to sew them.

I will keep everyone posted.

kary
Old 06-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #14
chute43

Default Re: Wildland Firefighte Belts/Rigger Belts/Wilderness belt

Rashy, your belt will be in the mail tomorrow morning.

Just to let everyone know I will be fully restocked tomorrow I hope. UPS is kind of slow lately.

Coming in I have :
Black with black buckle
Dark brown with black buckle
Dark brown with Silver buckle
OD green with silver buckle
some XL black with black

plus I still have a couple of khaki with silver buckles that I never listed anywhere

Should be two weeks out from having Coyote brown (dark tan) with black buckles

These are sewn on the east coast and I am in CA, But I am currently working with a new sewing shop here in california to cut down on my shipping turnover time. I buy the webbing on the spool, then cut it down, then ship it to the sewing shop. So hopefully in another week or so everything will be a california operation.

kary

Last edited by chute43; 06-11-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #15
chute43

I am now restocked on the black with black buckles and the brown with black and silver buckles

sorry for the delay

kary
Old 06-12-2009, 10:38 PM   #16
chute43

These are the cobra belts, kinda pricey but not on my end the buckles are around 30.00 each. This version is the gun belt or shooters belt. The is made from all aluminum CNC milled, very smooth operation. These are 45.00 each plus shipping which in the CONUS is usually 5.50

email me for more details.

thank you
kary

Last edited by chute43; 09-28-2009 at 06:16 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #17
Rashy
Super Moderator

Got mine, very nice. Would work great as a tourniquette (sp?)

This belt will out live me.
Rashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #18
chute43

Last fire season while working as a medevac paramedic on a Huey in northern california about an hour north of redding. We were trying to figure out a way to attach the backboard to the floor of the huey. (there a little attachment rings) So I pulled off the belt and got one side down. The other side we used a ratchet strap.

Mine from last season is holding strong, just pretty dirty.

Glad you like it Rashy.

thank you for all the great support from the members of Gear Journal and to Ryan

kary
Old 06-17-2009, 02:34 AM   #19
chute43

I made a mistake the other night going through my forum settings somehow I changed it so I couldn't accept PMs. It was my mistake but please if you are interested in a belt feel free to PM me or email me.

sorry

kary
Old 06-17-2009, 04:13 PM   #20
chute43

For awhile I had been unhappy with Sage Green's photo so I reshot it today. I am not a professional photographer so I have to try a couple of lighting options so the photos don't look washed out or have too many shadow.

kary