Go Back   The Gear Journal > Gadgets & Gear > Guns & Ammo

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-19-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
JJK

Default Taser for a lady

So my girlfriend has been dropping some hints as to what she wants for Christmas and if I do understand her correctly (which Iím probably not) she would like a taser. This is a huge step forward, so I have begun the hunt for a nice compact unit that packs enough punch to lay out one of Austinís many undesirables on a momentís notice. So what are you guyís recommending for a young lady about the town?
JJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
scottybaccus

Default Re: Taser for a lady

Not to be a jerk about it, but I would honestly reccomend a pocket revolver, if she really has security concerns about town.

Simple reason is, a taser immobilizes someone that you get into close proximity with. If you don't cuff 'em and stuff 'em, they pose a very real risk of getting up and pursuing you, now very much looking for payback. I just can't see the usefulness in a self defense tool that wears off. Self defense requires commitment to take action that settles the matter decisively. Buying time to flee can be an option, but you shouldn't be trying to reload a taser while doing so.
scottybaccus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
JJK

Default Re: Taser for a lady

I agree completly but this is a "baby step" in that direction. I grew up around firemans and have a deep respect for them. However a large percentage of the general population fear and lack understanding of firearms in todays world. The question was for a recomendation not the pitfalls of a taser.
JJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)